Pricing for Commissioned Work
- Tapestry (in wool) $695.00 - $1150.00 per square foot
- Fiber Constructions (in wool or cotton) price ranges from $340-516.00 per square foot
- Quilts $320.00 per square foot
PRICES FOR MATERIALS USED OTHER THAN STANDARD WOOL WILL BE QUOTED DURING THE DESIGN PHASE
Prices do not include shipping, tax or installation.
I can also design within a reasonable budget. Textiles is a varied field with many techniques that can result in a wonderful image result. While tapestries are very labor intensive a quilt is much less and a painted whole cloth quilt even less. Please feel free to contact me with your project.
- The cost of a fiber piece is priced per square foot, depending upon complexity of design and technique employed. Sketches are free but always remain the property of the artist. Free sketches are emailed but there is a nominal charge for hard copy/mailed sketches. There are various techniques that can be employed to achieve the image that best enhances your environment and stays within a predetermined price range. After finalization of the image and approval of the final sketch, a deposit of 30 - 50% is required before construction begins. Upon receipt of your deposit, I begin weaving/construction and send you updates of the progress. A tapestry usually progresses at the rate of 1 to 2 inches per day while other techniques proceed much faster. A firm deadline must be mentioned before sketching begins.
- For public projects final payment is due within 30 days after receipt/installation of the your project. After 30 days 1.5% interest will be charged to your account monthly.
- All art works of reasonable size are shipped either Federal Express or United Parcel Service. All merchandise is delivered to your door, and insured for its full replacement value. Customer pick-up can also be arranged from my studio in Rochester, New York, although, please note that NY sales tax is applicable.